We are seeking a food operator to take on our iconic 1979 Bristol VR double decker bus painted the original Bristol green bus colour. The bus has been fitted out and will be ready to be craned in to the space once the works are completed, ready to join our Bearpit Market traders.
The Bearpit is Bristol’s first Community Action Zone, a unique collaboration between a community group and the Bristol City Council. We are looking for someone who wants to be part of what the group is doing & contribute to making the Bearpit a safe, welcoming, diverse and inclusive space.
Working with Bearpit Market, we seek candidates that will uphold these values.
- To create a safe, friendly and enjoyable environment where the local community can meet and socialise.
- To encourage local shopping and provide a genuine alternative to supermarket.
- To support and promote exciting local producers and creators.
- To promote good quality, freshly made food using local ingredients.
- To support and promote local environmental and ethical organisations.
- To create a sustainable income in order to reinvest in the space to create a vibrant and thriving community
The Bearpit Improvement Group seeks a food operator that shares the same vision and aspiration as B.I.G. and the Bearpit Market. Whilst rental bid will be a major factor, the social/community element of any bid will also be taken into account. We propose to take into account both quality and price of proposed food offer and will require sample of menus and potential suppliers. We are looking for someone with experience, a proven track record and someone who wants to be part of the community.
Tender will be evaluated on the basis of the business plan, the operator’s background and skills as well as their interest in trading in the Bearpit.
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested and want to keep up to date with what’s going on!